Facebook is a great site for keeping in touch with your friends and family, sharing your status updates or uploading photos. However, did you know that you can fuel your Facebook addiction and receive FB texts on your mobile phone, any time and any place?
The FB text service allows you to update your status via a text message, and it will tell you when somebody has posted to your wall or added you as a friend. This might not be as all-inclusive as the various FB mobile applications, but is still useful for those who don’t want the hassle or do not yet have access to the full array of Facebook mobile applications
Facebook Text Service
- In the top right hand corner of your profile is a button marked ‘Settings.’ Click it
- This will bring up a drop down menu. Navigate to ‘Account Settings’ and click
- This brings up a settings page with options for changing all aspects of your account. At the top of the page are a number of tabs. You want the one marked ‘Mobile.’
- Click ‘Register for Facebook Text.’
- This will bring up a pop up box asking you to find your country. Click the down arrow to bring up a drop down menu where you can find your country. If your country isn’t listed, you can’t use the text application
- Once you have done that, click the down arrow ion the next box to bring up your mobile network provider
- Text the letter ‘F’ to Facebook, using the number 32665
- Facebook will send a confirmation code to your phone, as a text message. Enter it into the box
- Make sure that the box marked ‘Add this phone number to my profile’ is checked or unchecked, depending on your personal preference.
- You should receive a message stating that your phone has been confirmed.
- You will receive another text message asking you to test by updating your status. Send your latest update to FBOOK 32665 and this should appear on your Facebook wall as as a new status comment
- To update your status, simply text your message to FBOOK 32665
- Facebook mobile will send you text messages when friends message, poke, friend you or post to your wall
Facebook for Mobiles: Facebook on the Go
You can now keep up with the latest updates with Facebook on the go, useful if you spend a lot of time away from your computer or you have a serious Facebook addiction! You don’t have to be logged on to Facebook to use it; simply sign up for the Facebook text message service and join in the fun.